Saturday, April 30, 2011

Week 29

No picture this week, because we haven't gotten out the camera. We working on making our yard look nice, including some new rhododendron bushes and some fun climbing plants with a few trellis'. We'll be putting in climbing hydrangea, clematis, and wisteria; they'll go on one side of our front porch, in the mulched area by the new bushes, and by the mailbox. Hopefully it'll smell pretty! Our neighbor has a lilac bush that smells amazing when we have the windows open. Also, our beautiful dogwood tree is a-bloomin'. Maybe I'll take pictures later. :)

It's NFL draft week, which means lot (LOTS) of sitting around watching TV, and only once in a while hearing something about the Chiefs (Nathan is happy with the picks so far, in case anyone is wondering.). So today both of us piled onto our huge couch with the dogs (with enough room for the cats, who were nowhere to be seen....) and stared at the TV for awhile. After a bit, baby started kicking! Probably because I was laying on my side, squishing the poor little guy, but at least I'm learning how to make him move. :) Anyway, Nathan got to see my belly move quite a bit today, and boy, was he excited. It's the first day he's seen it (mainly I just feel it, and he'll feel it every now and then) and I think it made his day. Little dude is quite a mover, but he's getting in quite a few less hard kicks since he's getting bigger and running out of room. I was never a fan of the random hard kicks that surprised/hurt me, so I'm glad it's just movements now! I know over the next month we'll get to see lots more belly movement!

I always thought those 3D and 4D sonograms were CREEPY. No way would I want one, because baby looks like an alien. BUT now that we're getting closer I'm getting so excited about seeing what this little guy looks like, I told Nathan I wouldn't mind getting one of those done. Even though it still creeps me out. He said I only have to wait 10 weeks. :) Har. It would be neat, but it's an expense that I think is unnecessary. We'll get to see him soon! Hopefully at week 37 (hey, I'm impatient.) but Nathan is hoping for July 4. It's funny because when I was scheduling my next 5 (yes, five) appointments (since they're all getting closer!!) the nurse said "Just don't hope for the holiday weekend!" and I had to laugh, since that's what Nathan wants. He thinks it would be neat since I'm a "holiday" baby as well. We'll see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you see? Tell me about it!