Saturday, April 23, 2011

Is this week 27 or 28? Everything is a blur.

We went home last weekend for our baby shower. I’d say it was a long trip, but the dogs were in the very back of our new SUV, and since it’s a new (to us) car, it made the trip a lot nicer! Way less crowded then taking the truck! Of course, the trip home was VERY crowded, but we only had to leave 1 thing behind, so the SUV did it’s job. I wish I had taken pictures of the backseat on the trip home, but when we got home I just wanted to get all that cute baby stuff in the baby’s room. Let’s just say there was no room. We had to ask each other if we could get into the other lane since our back windows were blocked and we couldn’t see the blind spot. Smile At least we (and the dogs!) had plenty of room!
Here’s a picture of our yummy Patty-Cake!
Cake
This is the table of yummy-ness:
table
Diana made some amazing punch, with a beautiful fruit ring in the middle. (Seriously, I think this and the Patty-cake was the #1 talked about thing at the shower Smile)
punch
We played some games (my dad had a little trouble…)
gametimegametime2
Here are a few pictures of us opening gifts. We like to play with bows.
bowclothesfunnymansuitunderwearus
Of course, no shower would be right without Aunt Nikki making a crazy comment and embarrassing her mother. Smile 
nikki
On our way home we stayed the night in Indianapolis (to make the drive more bearable- thanks mom and dad!) and a lady asked me when I was due! It was the first random person to ask me. I guess now I look pregnant! Whew. While it is uncomfortable sometimes, it’s pretty neat.
Today we went shopping and a lady came up to me and asked if I was expecting, then asked if she could pray for me. I told her sure (why not?) and she asked my name, took my hand and said a prayer right there for me! It was pretty nice (though I thought she’d do it in the comfort of her home, instead of in the freezer section at the local Shop-n-Save….) until she pressed against my chest and almost knocked me into the frozen potatoes. I guess we can laugh about it now, but it was rather weird.
My next doctor appointment is this coming Thursday, and I think the appointments will be every 2 weeks now instead of 4, so at least I’ll get to hear the heartbeat more often! I suppose it’s time to start painting the baby’s room, and getting everything organized. Or maybe next week. Smile 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you see? Tell me about it!